2018 Spring Intensive: Mar 8 - 11
We've scheduled our first spring practice intensive for this coming March. We've been inspired by the repeated requests for a second practice weekend in addition to our summer practice intensive. We're looking forward to the opportunity to focus on and deepen our tai chi practice.
The intensive sessions will explore fundamental tai chi principles through form, drills, and partner work. The sessions will range through solo form, push hands, and sword. And we'll celebrate with a pizza party and videos on Saturday night. Events will be split between our regularly scheduled classes at the Kelly Barn and additional sessions at our studio in Hygiene (email us for directions).
The intensive is open to students at Rocky Mountain Tai Chi Chuan and to visitors. Our "general" sessions (everything below that isn't sword or push hands) are open to anyone who has completed the first third of the form. To attend sword or push hands, you should either already be attending those classes or ask us for permission. We'll be working to deepen sword and push hands practice rather than introducing these practices for the first time. We will do some interactive push-hands partner work appropriate for everyone during the general sessions.
The whole schedule is as follows:
- Thursday evening, Mar 8 at the Kelly Barn: sword class at 5:30 pm followed by form class from 6:30 - 7:30 pm.
- Friday, Mar 9 at our studio: morning session from 10 am - 1:00 pm; push hands from 2:00 - 3:00 pm; afternoon session from 3:00 - 6:00pm.
- Saturday morning, Mar 10 at the Kelly Barn: sword at 9:00 am followed by form at 10:30 and push hands from 11:45 am - 1:00 pm.
- Saturday afternoon at our studio from 3:00 - 6:00 pm followed by a pizza and video party. We'll provide the pizza and videos; you bring beverages.
- Sunday morning, Mar 11 at our studio: sword from 9 - 10 am followed by our last session. 10:00 am - 1:00 pm.
As always, we provide a variety of options for attending and paying:
- Complete Intensive: $120 to attend every session, both at Kelly Barn and our Hygiene Studio
- All Hygiene Sessions: $80 for all four Hygiene Session. (This option complements a current monthly or punch card payment plan so that you can attend all of the intensive if you want.)
- Individual Session(s): $20 per session either at Kelly Barn or Hygiene Studio
- Pizza Party: $10 to cover the cost of pizzas.
We'll limit attendance at the Hygiene Sessions to 20 people in each session. You can register
- online using a credit card
- in person with cash, check, or credit card. Just talk to us in class.
Info for Out of Town Attendees
If flying, you'll want to fly into the Denver Airport. Boulder is about 45 mins away from the airport. Hygiene is another 20 mins north. There are shuttles and buses to Boulder, although it may be more convenient once you're in Boulder if you can get a rental car. You will need a car or work a carpool with other students to get to Hygiene for the sessions at our home studio.
There are lots of places to stay in Boulder for people coming from out of town. A couple reasonably priced options:
- Holiday Inn Express. This is the closest motel to Kelly Barn where we hold Boulder classes. It's at the north end of Boulder -- there is a frequent bus that runs towards central Boulder, including past the studio.
- Quality Inn. Centrally located, reasonably priced.
Options closer to Hygiene: