The Wisdom of Beautiful Whiskers
by Bataan Faigao
31 GOD KNOWS I DON'T NEED ANY MORE PATIENTS
1. Lao Shr's hips are always inside his circle of space, never getting out of line ( or out of range). They always go down whenever an adjustment or movement is necessary.
2. Once you push and lose the wrist you have created a very dangerous situation. The opponent must attack very quickly. Since you have lost contact with him, you are liable to get hurt.
3. Don't hold or twist or you will get hurt. Lao Shr said to a twisting student, "I could have hurt you very badly. You were about to become a patient of mine and God knows I don't need any more patients."
J's ankle got hurt during a push with another student. We fixed him up with whiskey, bandage, and Lao Shr's ministrations. He tore some ligaments.
Another student, P broke his leg: major fractures, broken in three places (from skiing). He was going to be in the cast for nine months and still might not be able to walk. Lao Shr said they set the bones incorrectly. P might have a little limp when the bones heal. Lao Shr was amazed that it would take nine months in the cast. Supposedly Lao Shr could reset bones and you'd be walking the next day without a cast. V said that P ought to bury his feet in the ground for three days-- a natural cast, a technique used by Christ as reported in the Essene Gospel of Peace. "Christ was very hip, you know," he said after class during a dinner in Chinatown. Lao Shr was scheduled to perform an operation on P's leg. Break the bones again, reset them, apply herbs, etc. He was going to use acupuncture for anaesthesia. The operation never happened because they could not find an operating room and maybe P chickened out. I think eventually his leg got better.
4. Legs must be heavy on the push. The whole body must not go into the push (or with the push). Do not telegraph the push to the opponent (which means you have to be very soft).
5. Lao Shr said to S, "The strength must go down that human carcass."