2017 Summer Intensive: Aug 17 - 20
We'll wrap up the summer with an intensive practice weekend in August: Come join us!
The intensive sessions will explore fundamental tai chi principles through form, drills, and partner work. The sessions will range through solo form, push hands, and sword. And we'll celebrate with a pizza party and videos on Saturday night. Events will be split between our regularly scheduled classes at the Kelly Barn and additional sessions at our studio in Hygiene (email us for directions).
The intensive is open to students at Rocky Mountain Tai Chi Chuan and to visitors. Our "general" sessions (everything below that isn't sword or push hands) are open to anyone who has completed the first third of the form. To attend sword or push hands, you should either already be attending those classes or ask us for permission.
The whole schedule is as follows:
- Thursday evening, August 17 at the Kelly Barn: sword class at 5:30 pm followed by form class from 6:30 - 7:30 pm.
- Friday, August 18 at our studio: sword from 9 - 10 am followed by two general sessions. 10:00 am - 1:00 pm and 3:00 - 6:00 pm.
- Saturday morning, August 19 at the Kelly Barn: sword class at 9:00 am followed by form at 10:30 and push hands from 11:45 am - 1:00 pm.
- Saturday afternoon at our studio from 3:00 - 6:00 pm followed by a pizza and video party.
- Sunday morning, August 20 at our studio from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm.
Cost for the whole intensive is $120 (pizza party included) or $20 per session and $10 for the Sat eve pizza party.
To register, fill out this form to let us know which sessions you plan to attend.
You can then pay in person in advance or at the intensive (Cash, Check or CC).
Info for Out of Town Attendees
If flying, you'll want to fly into the Denver Airport. Boulder is about 45 mins away from the airport. Hygiene is another 20 mins north. There are shuttles and buses to Boulder, although it may be more convenient once you're in Boulder if you can get a rental car. You will need a car or work a carpool with other students to get to Hygiene for the sessions at our home studio.
There are lots of places to stay in Boulder for people coming from out of town. A couple reasonably priced options:
- Holiday Inn Express. This is the closest motel to Kelly Barn where we hold Boulder classes. It's at the north end of Boulder -- there is a frequent bus that runs towards central Boulder, including past the studio.
- Quality Inn. Centrally located, reasonably priced.
Options closer to Hygiene: